Technology of the Future
The future is here! Polytronix, Inc. Film and Glass Division has been the leading innovator and the only US manufacture of Smart Film Products since 1986. Our Switchable Privacy Film is UL certified and our operating and management systems are both ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.
Revolutionary Smart Glass Technology
Over the last two months, we have been discussing Smart Glass Technology.
- Identify and compare the various smart glass technologies and describe their typical uses in commercial applications.
- Explain polymer dispersed liquid crystal (PDLC) technology and discuss its use in smart glass products to provide privacy, comfort, and design solutions.
- Define the various applications where switchable privacy glass and film can be used in interior settings.
- Discuss standards and codes as they relate to smart glass products, including switchable privacy glass and film.
- Describe the sustainability and energy use benefits of smart glass technology in commercial applications.
Smart Glass Comparison
PDLC film-enabled glass products can provide ease of control, privacy-on-demand functionality, and a host of design benefits for a multitude of interior glazing applications, such as conference rooms, patient consultation rooms, and commercial-space bathrooms, to name a few. As smart glass technologies continue to evolve, these innovative solutions will surely continue to revolutionize the industry.