PDLC technology that creates privacy and transparency in Polyvision® is designed to work over its lifetime. This article explores the top ten reasons why Polyvision® switchable privacy glass may fail to operate correctly.Continue Reading
Smart film has the advantage of being high in flexibility compared to the glass.
Smart film is a flexible material, which means it can be used on curved surfaces. This allows you to have more freedom in your design, since it won’t just be limited to straight lines.
Another advantage of smart film over glass is that it’s better for the environment because it’s made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), a material that’s made from recycled water bottles and other plastics. This means less waste when you’re done with your project!Continue Reading
Polytronix was the first to introduce Polyvision Switchable Privacy Glass to the world.
- First, Polytronix was the first to introduce Polyvision switchable privacy glass to the world. Founded in 1986 and located in Richardson, Texas, Polytronix has remained at the forefront of the switchable film industry.
- Second, when you purchase from Polytronix you are dealing directly with a nationwide manufacturer of this state-of-the-art technology. This means Polytronix can provide you with a full turnkey solution for your project. To learn more about our full line of products and services visit our web site.
Polyvision® is a PDLC technology that lets you control your privacy.
PDLC stands for “polymer dispersed liquid crystal” and it is a smart glass, switchable privacy glass that uses nanotechnology to create a dynamic window.
How to use Polyvision®
When you need privacy, all you need to do is apply a charge to the glass and it will become transparent. To turn the glass back to opaque creating privacy, simply turn off the charge. Polyvision® is easy to install and has several applications, including use in automobiles as an alternative to tinted windows.Continue Reading
What to do when Privacy Glass is not enough
You might be looking to keep your glass opaque for one of the following reasons:
- When you want to keep light in but prying eyes out.
- When you need to keep the room temperature down.
- When you want to have a private conversation.
Polyvision® Switchable Privacy Glass and Film is a versatile, and aesthetically pleasing solution to replacing blinds, curtains, projection screens, and whiteboards. Interior Designers, Architects, Engineers, and General Contractors have used Polyvision in the following applications, but not limited to, Commercial, Education, Hospitality, Healthcare, residential, and Automotive. Polytronix, Inc. Film and Glass Division has been the leading innovator of design and manufacturing of Switchable Privacy Glass and Film since 1986. The wide range of uses will continue to expand as innovators seek new applications for this versatile material.Continue Reading