Scientifically speaking, innovation glass, or smart glass, can change from opaque to clear when voltage is passed through it. When an electrical current is applied across the film, the color and transparency will change. Our film transforms when voltage is applied, and the liquid crystal modules line up to turn the film from opaque to clear in just 80 milliseconds!Continue Reading
Polyvision® Switchable Glass Demonstrated in the Museum and Conference Room of the Taiwan High Speed Rail Museum
During its 10th anniversary celebration this past January, the completion of the “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Exploration Hall” was unveiled, which showcased Polyvision® Switchable Privacy Glass. The Taiwan High Speed Rail Museum is located in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan, and opened to the public January 6, 2017.Continue Reading
The traditional skylight provides natural light into your building, but what kind of skylight do you really prefer?
- Using green materials for the environment and to save energy?
- With an electrical switch to open/close instead of manual opening? Or one that cannot open?
- Including a privacy function to adjust into transparent or opaque to control the amount of sunlight coming in?
- Able to change from transparent to be color to reduce infrared radiation and lower energy costs?
- With integrated LED lights to create a starfield effect or another pattern of your choice?
- Including smart-control the skylight from your computer or mobile device?
How expensive is switchable privacy glass?
Polyvision® Switchable Privacy Glass pricing is based on application, size, holes, notches, and other factors. For a detailed quote for your project, please call for more information.
How much electricity does smart glass use?
Polyvision® Smart Glass uses approx. 5 W/m2. The power consumption does increase if you have a single short busbar, and the length is twice as long as the width.
Does privacy glass block UV Rays?
Yes! Our Polyvision Glass® is made with Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB), which blocks UV 100%.
Polyvision® Smart Glass is used to create privacy on-demand with a flip of a switch, app on your smartphone, and/or timer.
Smart Glass is used to replace existing windows, blinds, and drapery. Which can lower the cost of washing fabrics and energy bills at the same time as cutting out the chore of dusting blinds. Polyvision® Smart Glass applications have been used for privacy in client areas, hotels, vehicles, yacht, conference rooms, hospitals (nurseries, emergency rooms, ICUs, operation rooms), projection displays, residential areas, security windows, showrooms, and high-speed trains.