There have been lots of policy changes in recent years to protect the privacy of students at institutions of higher learning. Since anyone can walk around a college campus without an escort, there are threats to the security of student information, university business, and overall security and safety. One way to deal with potential threats is with Polyvision® Switchable Privacy Glass.Continue Reading
Polyvision Smart Control System
As technology expands, so does the desire to integrate it into our daily lives and use it to make things simpler and more convenient. In anticipation of the trend toward smart life innovations, Polytronix, Inc. is introducing smart control technology and preparing to release our latest product. The Smart Control System will be released and on display at the AIA show at GlassBuild 2020 in September.Continue Reading
Scientifically speaking, innovation glass, or smart glass, can change from opaque to clear when voltage is passed through it. When an electrical current is applied across the film, the color and transparency will change. Our film transforms when voltage is applied, and the liquid crystal modules line up to turn the film from opaque to clear in just 80 milliseconds!Continue Reading
Polyvision® Switchable Glass Demonstrated in the Museum and Conference Room of the Taiwan High Speed Rail Museum
During its 10th anniversary celebration this past January, the completion of the “Taiwan High-Speed Rail Exploration Hall” was unveiled, which showcased Polyvision® Switchable Privacy Glass. The Taiwan High Speed Rail Museum is located in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan, and opened to the public January 6, 2017.Continue Reading
The traditional skylight provides natural light into your building, but what kind of skylight do you really prefer?
- Using green materials for the environment and to save energy?
- With an electrical switch to open/close instead of manual opening? Or one that cannot open?
- Including a privacy function to adjust into transparent or opaque to control the amount of sunlight coming in?
- Able to change from transparent to be color to reduce infrared radiation and lower energy costs?
- With integrated LED lights to create a starfield effect or another pattern of your choice?
- Including smart-control the skylight from your computer or mobile device?